rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Lost in Translation?

Monday, August 16, 2010

Lost in Translation?

While looking up pre-schools in our area, I happened upon a pamphlet listing classroom goals for their 3 year old classes.

Note goal number 6 below. How exactly do they teach this?

Although Teague likes learning Spanish words (the kid has an amazing memory) he doesn't like trying to speak in Spanish. Each time we ask him to, he says, "When I go to school." Here's hoping they work more with him on Spanish than spincter control.

Aims:
1-Symbolic playing.
2-Gross and fine motor function.
3-The body scheme.
4-The structuring of the permanent object.
5-The organisation of space and time.
6-Sphincter control.
7-The interaction with peers and adults, with whom they will eventually develop strong affective bonds that will give them confidence.

2 comments:

Dodgie said...

Hmmm, I seem to remember a couple of Dad's bosses who could teach classes on sphincter control!

Andrea and Ben said...

Bahahaha! Sphincter control! Bahahaha!