We are big fans of Chile. The people are so friendly, and the areas we saw were quite impressive. They do speak Spanish at a much faster rate, which was a challenge, (Argentines joke about it) but we quickly adjusted.
We definitely noticed a difference between Chile (and even Peru) and Argentina. Basically, the Andes seem to be the dividing line between countries that embrace North America and countries that embrace Europe. I'm interested to visit Brazil, Bolivia and Ecuador to see if this theory holds true there too.
We have seen more than our fair share of mullets in BA, but Chileans rocked the mullet like it was 1980. I went into mullet sighting overload on our first day!
The most stunning views of the city were from Cerro San Cristobal, where, at the peak, there's a 22 meter statue of the Virgin Mary. We took a funicular up to the top and then spent half of the day in the Parque Metropolitan. Beautiful!
Street performer trying to cash in on the Chilean miner rescue.
Bellas Artes area of town.
1 comment:
Did I mention that I printed out the photo of Teague looking over the ciy and framed it? It's in my study and I love looking at it!
Post a Comment