rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: El primer día de clase

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

El primer día de clase




This is morning grumpy Teague. Church-hair fail.

Sadly, Summer is on its way out down here, and to officially remind us of that, today was the first day of school for kids in the city. Nannies everywhere are rejoicing! Teague returned to the school he attended for several months last year and is now in Kinder-4. We switched him from afternoons to mornings this year, and he will now attend from 9-12. Most of his buddies from the afternoon class remain afternooners because, as their moms say, they can't wake up that early. Argentines don't eat dinner until 9 or 9:30 at night, and go to bed even later. We attempted the later schedule for several months, but we're too old to cut that much sleep out of our lives. Most Argentines do seem perpetually tired, hence the freakishly large amounts of sugar and coffee consumed by all.

His favorite teacher, Miss Carina, is now teaching in the mornings and also moved to the Kinder 4 class, so Teague is in heaven. She is so very nice and accommodating. She speaks some English, too, which is both good and bad. Once Teague knows there's an English speaker, he tends to quit with the Espanol. However, she tries to only use English when he gets frustrated.

Note his school uniform. Yes, I finally did call to order his smock and shirts. Very proud moment for me, speaking on the phone with an unknown person in Spanish. I broke out in a cold sweat while dialing, but as soon as I hung up, I wanted to make phone calls to random people all day. The ugly smock doesn't have to be worn yet, because it's too hot right now, but I will post pictures when the time comes. He refuses to try it on and hates the cursive writing stitched on it. This makes me happy.

Whatever keeps the clothes clean...

Hugs from his favorite teacher. (Smock wearers to the left)


Entertaining the ladies with his puzzle skills.



Brand spankin' new notebooks. This year his class color is blue.

4 comments:

Nina said...

hahaha! I'd be in so much trouble! We JUST decided to let C stay up until 7!!! And not one minute later or I go completely insane!!! ;) I can't wait to see T in his complete dress-up uniform! :)

kimeileen said...

I can't believe how fast your summer went by! I have that same glazed look every morning before my first cup of coffee.
Good luck Teague in your new class!

Ally said...

Even grumpy he is so handsome and Good for you for speaking spanish on the phone. You probably know more than you allow yourself to believe.

Susan Murphy said...

I love the "Spooky Old Tree". My mom still has the book from when I was little, and it was one of Molly's absolute favorites when we stayed with my parents during Pat's last deployment. Love the smocks! Well, not really, but you know what I mean... :)