I have watched these cats for over a year, and they have yet to actually catch a pigeon.
Hanging laundry on the balcony.
Living in such close quarters makes it very easy to partake in my favorite pastime, people watching. The buildings surrounding our place offer an endless supply of balconies and spaces. Tiny glimpses into the lives of others; their habits, decorating preferences, even one woman's progression from pregnant woman to mom bouncing a baby on her hip. It's so interesting that every single one of those windows has a person behind it, and with each person, a different story.

I have been watching the progress of this building since day uno, because I am nosy and because it's amazing to me that these guys work with no safety gear at all. They drill, jack hammer, mix and weld without ear or eye protection, gloves or steel-toed shoes. The entire structure actually collapsed several months ago, with a tremendously loud crash and a gigantic cloud of smoke. Several people were rushed to the hospital, but never fear, inspectors deemed it safe two days later, and they were back to building again.
The thin plastic 'rope' is what magically keeps workers from falling off of the 9 story roof. Good thing it's solid concrete below to cushion a fall.
I'm no expert, but the thin wood braces reinforcing the heavy concrete floors may not really help a lot. They remind me of preschool popsicle stick art.
I often wonder what people think when they see Teague, usually only wearing underwear, running all over our balcony. Hopefully they're amused by his endless energy and aren't offended by the no shirt no pants all the time policy.

6 comments:
Wow you have live entertainment right out your windows.As long as no one has telescopes aimed at the neighbors!
This is a great window onto something that we all do everyday, yet don't really "notice" we're doing it. I just realized that I have spent the past month wondering when the fat man who watches TV across the breezeway ever sleeps. He's always there! Thanks for letting us spy with you :)
this reminds me of my neighborhood. They are lower rise homes but I can see balconies all over from my yard.
I am sure my neighbors are thinking "wow she is getting fat" :-)
this is Jen, btw. blogspot won't let me respond via my acct.
Wow are those building close. No such thing as bubble of space in S America is there? lol.
I love love spying on people too. It's so interesting and I am sure they love T's show ;)
I loved this post! What a great way to peek into a city...
We are becoming professional balcony snoopers as well. So funny. I have a picture that I am waiting for the right moment/ inspiration to post. The building project is, um, something else I must say! Your popsicle art observation was dead on!
Post a Comment