rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: One Man Show

Friday, November 4, 2011

One Man Show


Back in May, we received notice that our building would be painted from top to bottom. What we didn't know is that this guy, Jorge, was the painter. Singular. I should probably mention that our building is 18 stories high.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that our building contracted one person to paint an entire high-rise? It wouldn't if you lived here.

Because Jorge has used our balcony as his painting 'base camp' for the past few months, we've gotten to know his routine quite well. He arrives in late morning, pulling a large suitcase full of his tools and goes to work on our balcony, attaching himself to ropes. He chooses a narrow section of building and paints all the way down to the ground floor. By late afternoon, he's back at our front door to pick up his suitcase and roll home before another day of painting.

He's doing a heck of a job, but at the rate he's going, the building will probably need to be re-painted about the time he completes this round painting. Sean and I are betting on the finish date...the winner will take Jorge and his suitcase to dinner.

3 comments:

Nina said...

i wonder if he got to pick his own "base balcony" .... and what happens when you travel??? ;)

kimeileen said...

What a contrast to the 4 painters who showed up to paint one bedroom in my house!

Andrea and Ben said...

I would like to say 'only in South America', but I have a feeling we in America are the exception. I love that you have gotten to know him a little. This will be a fun memory!