Icepicks and crampons for the trek.
You can just make out the group atop the glacier.
Because ice trekking had an age restriction, Teague and I spent the day in town (mostly in the hotel's indoor pool) and Sean set out to Perito Merino. The early morning was cold, with intermittent icy rain/snow, so I was more than happy to take one for the team. Despite the weather, Sean had a great time.
Later that night, we visited the dinosaur museum in town, which was unexpectedly interesting. We also walked through the nature reserve, to try and catch a glimpse of some Patagonian flamingoes. They were there, but the winds were so high that we didn't venture close enough to get a good photo. I tried to tell them that Florida would be a much better fit for them, but apparently cold icy lakes in Patagonia are their calling.
Sharing a drink "on the rocks" with a couple he met from Colorado.
Water break.
These are brave flamingoes! It was cold.
The Argentine dino-bear.
5 comments:
Regular military life is going to seem so boring after all of this.
What? How do your posts keep getting more and more amazing!?! Thanks for sharing these breathtaking pictures. Safe travels back home. :)
Wow- I totally have to agree with les familles Welch to Musa. How is life after this going to stack up after our Olmsted Tours- and how on earth do your entries always look so gorgeous?! You are totally giving me travel envy- although I am more grateful that you are sharing your experience with the rest of us!
I agree, life after this is going to be rough. For many reasons!
DeDe, we've only got 6 months left, so we are literally scrambling to see everything that we want to see. I don't recommend this approach! :)
Megan, I think win the prize for most traveled Olmsteder!
Should say: I think *you* win the prize. Victoria Falls?? Awesome!
Post a Comment