rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: My Boy Wants to Party All the Time

Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Boy Wants to Party All the Time

The calm before the storm, and the most expensive helium I've ever purchased.

We haven't been in town for any of Teague's birthdays and with our leave date fast approaching, we wanted to have an informal going away party for Teague. Halloween was the perfect opportunity to share a little bit of North America** with his classmates and to have a big bash before we head out. 

We anticipated about 50 kids, with the two kinder 5 classes and their siblings. Since there's no way that we could fit that many people in our apartment, we utilized our building's party room downstairs. The weather cooperated, so we were able to spread out into the courtyard as well. As with all parties in Argentina, animadores are hired to play games and entertain the kiddos. Ours did an incredible job with the kid wrangling. 

Teague had a fantastic time! The class moms got together and gave Teague a little gift, they had the class photo turned into a puzzle for him. We were touched by their thoughtfulness.

This side of the move will be much tougher, Teague is no longer 3 and understands the process. My heart aches for him in this transition, although he's very excited for our next location (because he thinks we're moving to Disney World), I know he will miss the kids he's been with for 2.5 years.

The Halloween game stations that were set up outside.


The mummy wrap game or Burka Teague.

The group, minus a band of skeletons.

We had all of his classmates sign a photo frame mat for Teague's school photo.

Teague's going to miss his best buddy. 


The exact opposite of adult parties, where the ladies avoid the food table completely!


**Argentines don't refer to the US as "America" because they believe that South Americans are Americans, too, so we're referred to as "Norteamericanos" or 
"Estadounidense" down here. 

3 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like a wonderful party. I was cracking up at his buddy's AC/DC T shirt. Think he listens to them?

I bet this move will be more difficult. I don't look forward to when Nolan cries to leave his friends behind. I guess that is a perk of being an old Mom, When Jason is retiring, Nolan will be in second grade, so it's not for too long.

Our Traveling Circus said...

Jen, I agree. I'm so thankful that T has a really positive attitude about moving. He will also be in elementary school when Sean hits the 20 year mark, and that seems like a great time to put down roots.
The bummer is that with the increase in rank comes more moves and less time at each location. Ugh!

kimeileen said...

That looks like one successful party!So glad a good time was had by all! Maybe it's time to start singing the old girl scout song "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold."