Ever since he watched his first episode of the tv show American Ninja Warrior, Teague has been trying to figure out how to get on the show! He keeps telling us that there should be a kid's version. Then recently, at his school carnival, a karate instructor let Teague break a board with his bare hand, and that was it, Teague was hooked.
Honestly, I do admit to rolling my eyes when we were approached by the instructor at Teague's school. When I was young, the boys I knew in taekwondo classes were always the socially awkward uncoordinated mutes, and so I have never been in a rush to sign Teague up. (Now that I think about it, that really describes most teenage boys.)
He attended an intro week of classes, and now that I know more about the discipline of martial arts, I am really glad to have Teague involved. Plus, he should be a natural since he was born in Korea, right?
I spend several days a week in the studio watching Teague's progress and humming Peter Cetera's hit song. They don't make karate-related love songs like they did in '86!


No comments:
Post a Comment