rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Kennedy Space Center

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Kennedy Space Center

I think every 80s kid went through a space phase. Mine was during elementary school. I was obsessed with Space Camp and remember vividly going to see the Columbia shuttle land at White Sands Missile Range. In my 4th grade science lab, my class waited patiently to watch the Challenger takeoff. It was the first tragedy of our generation.

With those 80s space dreams dancing in my head, I was really looking forward to taking Teague to the Kennedy Space Center. He is really the perfect age to spend a day there. Their new Angry Birds Space exhibit was calling his name.

With several IMAX movies, the launchpad tour and lots of exhibits, we could have easily spent a second day there. 
                                   Touching a piece of the moon.


                It was incredible to be standing right in front of the Atlantis!


The Teague blur going down the touchdown slide.


                                                Launchpad 39A.


                                             Angry Birds! Space!







                                              The rocket garden.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I remember Challenger - we got called in from recess to watch the take off (fourth grade for me, as well). So awful.

The space center looks like a fun place to visit! I think Jason might like it more than Nolan..;)

Our Traveling Circus said...

Jen, it was heartbreaking! I remember my teacher crying.

It was fun, but had Teague been younger, it would have been a long day!