My little burrito baby Teague will be 10 in a few weeks. Ten. An entire decade of Teague!
Every single cliche runs through my mind when I think about his birth up until now. As time passes I see first-hand what a short time we actually have with these amazing little humans in our homes. At 10, he'll be 5 years away from driving a vehicle (thankfully with a parent) and in as few as 8 years, he will be leaving the house to hopefully go away to college. As parents, we have the bittersweet privilege of raising a child and preparing them to one day leave the nest, all the while knowing that this piece of our heart will, in fact, leave the nest.
Teague is still excited to see me when I volunteer at his school. This, I'm told by other parents, will be ending shortly. He also reaches for my hand when we walk to/from the car. As each day passes, I try to store up those precious hand holds because I know this too will end soon. I'm thankful that Sean's job affords me the option of having a flexible job. This allows me to spend Teague-filled vacations and summers. Though we were both ready to return to Colorado after two weeks on the road for Christmas break, I do really love the time we spent together as groupies, following the squadron from winter training to their nationals competition and holiday demos.

1 comment:
Great blog!
Post a Comment