rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Dia Del Nino

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dia Del Nino

When I was a kid, I remember helping pick out gifts for Mother's Day and Father's Day. I always wondered why there wasn't a special day for kids too. Seriously, who wouldn't want to shower a kid with love and attention, making sure all of their needs are met, and devote every minute of a day to them and their well-being? No one ever does that. When I asked my parents about it, they always told me, "every day is Kid's Day."

Oh how I understand that now.

Buenos Aires celebrates Kid's Day as an actual holiday. Each 'neighborhood' in the city hosts festivities and special activities for kids. We headed out first thing this morning; we certainly wouldn't want to miss our first Argentine holiday.
A scaled-down intersection complete with tiny street signs and stop lights. Teague, taking cues from his dad, ignored them all.

You can see the Obelisk (the most recognized monument here) in the background.

Gigantic jumpy slide and crowd of pushers. No concept of waiting your turn here.

No comments: