We made it to Buenos Aires without incident. Our original flight was oversold by 20, so we ended up flying out of Dallas the following evening and spending one more day in Texas.
Both our original flight and our new flight contained 50-60 young suit-wearing Mormons who were heading to Argentina for their missions. Because of that, I figured the plane was safe. Mormons typically aren't terrorists!
Side note: I'm a complete idiot, because, in noticing their nametages, I was surprised by how many boys named "Elder" were on the flight. After seeing about 3, I figured it out. Mormon fail!
Teague did as well as any 3 year old strapped into a chair for 12 hours does. He actually had a great flight; slept about half of the flight and was content to watch movies and wake mommy continuously the other half. Because of the bump from our original flight, they gave us bulkhead seats, which was king kong! The entire flight was full, so having extra legroom and bag space made the bump well worth it. More wiggle room for the wiggle worm.
It is definitely winter here! The temp was 33 when we arrived, and ever since, we have had to literally give Teague the WWE Smackdown to get him in his jacket. In all fairness, the kid has never actually owned a jacket. Argentina's national past-time is apparently unsolicted advice, because at least 38 people have told me "mucho frio" and pointed to my jacket-less child. I wish my limited Spanish would allow me to say, "You try putting one on him!"
We took Teague on his first subway ride, and it was loads of fun for him. Forget DisneyWorld, I'll just buy a weeks worth of subway tickets for our next vacation! He loved listening for the next train to come through the tunnel, and thought all of the vendors hawking packs of tissues and sissors were so amusing, there was even a juggler.
He still doesn't understand that no one speaks English, and continues to greet people with "Hi! I'm Teague."
So much for being the incognito Americans!
2 comments:
Pigeon story funny....long plane ride...Teague speaking English...all funny, but I can't stop laughing about the Mormons named "Elder"....Hahahahahahahahahaha
Call me jealous. I love Argentina. When i was younger I been there about 3 times. Brazillians love going to Argentina and Paraguay for shopping since everything there is so much cheaper. I hope you enjoy your time :)
Post a Comment