rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Running Man

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Running Man

Sean completed his first southern hemisphere half marathon, and no, they didn't run the course in the opposite direction. He was very impressed by the event organization and tickled that the race shirts could be personalized on-the-spot at the race expo. Shockingly, he didn't ask to have 'Elvis' printed on his.

Getting Teague out to the race course was a breeze, which isn't usually the case. I dressed him while he slept, set up a snack and drink on his stroller tray and rolled him right to the elevator before he even knew what was happening! The weather was beautiful, and along the way we peeked through the zoo's fence and looked for animals. It helps that we were a 10 minute walk from the race finish, I'm already spoiled by having virtually everything within walking distance.

The event had bands set up at various points along the route. Teague and I hung out near the Scottish band and got to hear bagpipe tunes all morning. Sean said that there was a Michael Jackson impersonator singing and a lot of tango-type music along the route.

Sean finished with a great time and will run the Buenos Aires Marathon next month. If he keeps up with this pace, there won't be enough races in South America for him to enter!

We watched this lady...


Completely oblivious. She almost walks right into this runner, who happens to be in the #3 position.


Race officials ask her to move to the sidewalk, but she continues to pull her suitcase right through the race route. So strange.

7 comments:

Dodgie said...

Love Sean's photo and feat (that's "feat" not "feet")! CONGRATS and a big hug to my s-i-l!
(PS: nice! that everything is within walking distance...big change from Vail...)

Nina said...

Aehm, so I need MORE details on your technique in regards to dressing T when he's asleep! That's a much bigger feat than running a half marathon in my eyes ;-). C would be awake within secondS!! hahaha. (Seriously though, congrats S :))

Kim Eileen said...

Sean- where is your shirt? No wonder Teague will not wear his jacket!

Our Traveling Circus said...

Thank you, Kim! I say the same thing all the time when Sean leaves the house without a coat or long sleeves!

Nina, I don't know how T didn't wake up, he was in a deep slumber b/c it was early, but it was a million times easier than strong-arming him to get out the door in time!

TAVA... said...

WooHoo!!! Good on ya, Sean....but really, don't you think that what your movers did was a little bit more impressive?? And they had to keep their shirts on... I'm just sayin'.

Lisa said...

Great post! You're a supportive wife! Love the international races...keep writing!!

Lauren said...

I'm going to finally de-lurk. I love 'sneaking' over here and reading your blog! You freaking crack me up. Can't wait to hear more :)