rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: I love...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I love...

the subte!

The subway here is like most other big city lines; very convenient and inexpensive, but always filled to capacity. The aroma of moldy socks clings heavy in the stale hot air, and there's a slippery film on every available surface, my favorite combo. But it's so much fun to watch each station go whizzing past; Teague gets such a kick out of counting the stops. Riding the subway also ensures that Teague will actually walk to the station, although right now we're in the negotiation stages of "walk a block, carry a block" with him.

I know I've mentioned that this is a kid-friendly city, but it's worth noting that on the extremely crowded subways and buses, people automatically give up their seats to young children. They also chuckle and pat your child's head when said child has a meltdown, which is quite refreshing when you're used to getting the stink-eye.





2 comments:

Jen said...

I love reading about your adventures. I really hope we get to live in Europe next!

And Teague is just so cute :)

Karen said...

How refreshing not to get the stink eye! And I agree with Jen, Teague certainly is a cutie.