Since I've already mentioned the abundance of special days here in Argentina, you won't be surprised that I'm adding another to that list. Mother's Day happens to be an October celebration in these parts. Sweet! Their day-of-the-special-person-every-single-day is finally working in my favor! This past Sunday, for Dia de la Madre, Teague gifted me a beautifully painted wooden plate and a box of delicious chocolates. I felt kind of guilty taking advantage of a double 2010 Mother's Day, especially since this past Mother's Day we happened to be at Disney World, but not guilty enough to forego the yummy chocolate goodness.
I had heard about an old opera house that was converted into a bookstore, so we headed downtown, hoping we could find it. In case you're wondering, "opera biblioteca" isn't sufficient when asking about said store, neither is miming opera singing or book store. As luck would have it, we did find the store, and it is magnificent. It is odd to see Marilyn Manson cds, diet cookbooks and greeting cards housed in such an elegant location. Once we were done perusing the endless aisles, we walked back toward the center of the city and stumbled upon a lovely parade.
Only one week until the country's next special day, Day of the Census. I wish I was kidding...stay tuned.
4 comments:
That opera house looks pretty amazing as a book store. What a strange concept to come up with though.
And it is almost day of the census here too!
That is one incredible bookstore!! The largest bookstore in Kyiv is about 10x15! Ha! Thank God for Amazon!
Don't you just a parade? It will make any old day feel festive!
Just curious: which one of you did the miming like an opera singer? Love, Dodgie xo
Post a Comment