rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: The Weekend According To Teague

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Weekend According To Teague


We are sheep. We followed the Porteño masses and fled the big city this weekend. In all fairness, we have a lot of Argentina to see. We headed North to avoid Mar del Plata and it's reputation for inappropriately sized bathing suit bottoms (not just women's), wall to wall beach smokers, and hopefully fewer crowds.

While sightseeing one day, I let Teague take a photo with my small camera, and he was completely taken. So I did what every good parent does, when the going got tough, I used it as a bribe. Said camera bought us a glorious whine-free lunch. Am I in any way shape or form condoning bribes? Perhaps. Did it work? Like a charm! He was on his best behavior, and then happily spent the whole day taking hundreds of pictures.

Downloading the photos he took (curiously, almost half were of Argentina flags) was quite interesting. I asked him about his photo spread, and he had a funny little story about each one. Clearly the kid has a sense of humor! Of the first photo, he said: "My feet are priceless."

Below are some of my favorites. It's ok if you feel like you were duped into watching someone's home movies when you thought it was just dinner. This is one of those kind of posts.





I cropped and edited slightly because I really liked this one.



The diversity monument. He thought it was a disco ball pyramid.




He got all Salvador Dali on us. (Setting was on forced flash)




Dueling cameras. Note the flag in the background.




Albert Einstein look alike (with a low-flow shower head) sitting near us at dinner.



Bife lomo sándwich and papas fritas. Dinner of champions.



"The boat doesn't have any furniture."

1 comment:

Nina said...

with our never ending snow, i just have to tell you that you are ridiculously tan!!! SOO envious here! so envious!!! (we still use the threat of sending C back to ski school as a "negative" bribe.. heheh still works like a charm too and you bet that i am going to take full advantage of it :))