rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Ham-1 Mandy-0

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ham-1 Mandy-0




We've driven by this place several times and have always wanted to check it out. Curiosity got the best of us and we finally decided to make the pilgrimage. The Museo del Jamon is not really a museum after all. I am sad to report that it's merely a restaurant named Museum of Ham.

How could they?

As I've mentioned in many posts, Argentines adore ham and ham products; ham flavored crackers, ham on hamburgers, ham raviolis, ham empanadas. There is even a pop song called "Ham Sweats". Sure to be a prom favorite.

While I don't particularly like ham, I have nothing against it, I just can't believe how much it permeates the snack and dining world here. I was counting on the museum to unlock the secrets of this Argentine phenomenon, and I was really hoping that the gift shop had a ham pin for my jean jacket.

1 comment:

kimeileen said...

Did you dine at the restaurant for Easter dinner to compensate for the let down?