Sean and Teague are early morning people, I just am not. I would be perfectly happy not speaking until at least 8am. I call it "slow to warm up", I won't repeat what Sean calls it.
Since Teague came along, I am now an involuntary early morning person and have worked hard to perfect the get-us-ready-throw-together-snacks-don't-forget-the-camera-and-lots-of-anti-bacterial-wipes weekend outing routine. However, in sleepy BA, going anywhere at 9:30 or 10:00 am is early! Things don't start to pick up until noon or later.
So when we arrived at The Natural Science Museum in La Plata, we had our choice of parking spaces for our too-large American beast of a car and basically had the entire place to ourselves. By the time we finished and headed to the zoo next door, vendors were just starting to set up. We spent some quality time at the zoo, and more importantly, the zoo's 5 playgrounds and then headed back to the car. Time to drive back to the city, right?
Sean cleverly slides in the fact that there's a dropzone nearby. He just wants to stop by to talk with them. Right. So that's why his parachute was in the very back spaces of the the trunk. Did I mention that I'm slow to warm up?
After almost 2 hours in the car and 3 different stops, he finds the new dropzone, which, lucky for us, is allowing jumps "right now". So Teague and I happily hung out and watched for the rest of the afternoon. Dropzones contain the most laid-back people I've ever encountered, which is kind of strange, since it seems like a difficult state of mind to be in when you're about to jump from a plane. At least for me.
Most of the time, people at drop zones look like this:
And then there's Teague, channeling his inner Elton John.
Can we talk about this? They are jumpstarting the plane with a car. Good thing they all have parachutes.
Possibly another red flag--the jumpers have to push the plane onto the runway.
Sean coming in for a landing. He now has almost 700 jumps on 5 continents.
Gringo alert.
Another gorgeous Argentina sunset.
2 comments:
I like how Sean just happened to fit in parachuting on a zoo/ museum outing!
aren't our kids lucky? they'll have seen the coolest playgrounds across the world by the end of this experience :)
Post a Comment