What a show off. So unlike Sean.
Before we left for Salta, we spent a few days out in the country near the Brazilian border at an ecolodge, where the pool was an actual waterfall and our hot water was heated by a fire each morning. Without tvs, internet or almost any electricity, I thought we'd be bored, but it was lovely and refreshing. (Because I totally cheated with my Kindle.)
The owners lived on-site, and had a son Teague's age. They played nonstop from sunrise to sunset, even chasing lightening bugs in the evenings, which brought back childhood memories of mason jars and fireflies at my grandparent's house. Without buildings and city lights, we were able to see a gorgeous sky full of stars, too.
I have to say, the red dirt and bright green pastures were just beautiful, and completely made up for some of the less attractive aspects of the trip thus far.
Next stop: The Salta Province. Subtitle: It blew me away.
They don't make churches like they used to.
Many families had tobacco drying on their land.
This area is Argentina's leading producer of yerba mate, seen here.
Oh yes we did. I now know that I never would have survived the Oregon Trail.
Relaxing on the porch.


3 comments:
Wow! Just gorgeous!!! I think a few days without internet, phones or TV would be entirely blissful!!!! Lucky you!!! :)
Absolutely gorgeous. That waterfall wow!! and I am totally drooling as I am a huge huge fan of yerba mate!!
I know I may be slightly prejudiced, but I think your photographs are wonderful!
Post a Comment