Argentine trekkies. This explains a lot.
We're in the middle of some rather blah winter weather and have been looking for indoor activities, so when the opportunity arose to go to BA's version of ComicCon, we couldn't pass it up. I was also secretly wishing that the cast of the Hunger Games would make a surprise appearance. A girl can dream. We didn't see anyone famous, but there were hundreds of people dressed up as their favorite comic book and anime characters. The commitment to character factor varied, some simply wore a fan t-shirt, others wore only tails or spock ears, while others delved into the characters and really put some effort into their digs. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say the people-watching alone was definitely an 11, and well worth the trip. Everyone was more than happy to pose for photographs, in fact, some circled the areas over and over waiting for people to take photos. I wish I had gotten Argentina's version of Hagrid from Harry Potter. He was one step away from being a Yeti.
While there, we did find a really fun series of Spanish comic books called The Gringo, which we will save for later for Mr. Teague.
I wish I knew more about these very shiny characters.
There was a Prom photo-type area set aside for character photos.
Teague missed the entire thing.
His response to my asking if his pants were pleather or leather. Pleather, apparently.




1 comment:
Can't stop laughing! Impossible to decide which one is my favorite...LOVE the poses struck by all the costumed folks! Hey...whatever floats your boat..or your starship!
Post a Comment