rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: They Can't All Be Awesome

Thursday, October 11, 2012

They Can't All Be Awesome

We just returned from our other last trip. We are shipping our car in a few short weeks, so this is really it.
 A while ago, Sean signed up for last weekend's Half-Ironman triathlon in Rosario, Argentina. You know, because 3 half-marathons and 2 full marathons just wasn't enough. Honestly, my heart wasn't really into this trip because 1)I selfishly didn't want to hang around an unknown town for 6-7 hours waiting for him to finish 2)We *just* got back from our last road trip. 
But, we decided to make one last go of it. So, to Rosario and Córdoba we went.
                     The apartment building where Che Guevara was born.

Imagine my surprise when we arrived at our "apart-hotel", where we would be staying for 3 nights. Apparently a very big rugby tournament was taking place in town that same weekend, and every hotel was booked. But, relentless Sean found a place through a Rosario tourism site. It was literally a shed with a bathroom. A bathroom without a door, I might add. Although unexpected, it turned out ok. (I am totally lying, it was not good.)
 Did I mention that there were no towels or hot water. They said that towels were "too personal" and that we should have brought our own. Note to self.

On race day, the weather was horrid; lightening, thunder and flooding rains, so the entire thing was cancelled. Boo!


Luckily, Rosario had a lot of really fun kid-friendly things for Teague. We took him to the Children's Museum, which was even nicer than the awesome one we have in BA.
Of course he went straight to the control tower.

 "Gollllllllllll!"  Trying his hand at radio broadcasting.

At the Che Guevera memorial. Are you sensing a theme?

The race (and the lodging) was a bust, but we decided to press on to Córdoba. We spent a quick 20 minutes loading up the car, leaving Teague to watch the car's DVD player. To add insult to injury, when we attempted to get the heck out of dodge, the car wouldn't start. So there we were, 7am on a Sunday morning with a dead battery. Awesome. Luckily some folks were drinking on the porch a few houses down (double points for that) and they offered to help. Córdoba was bound to be better!

          I was so happy to see this sign.

3 comments:

kimeileen said...

That room looked like a jail cell! Believe me, I have some stories to share one day.

the welches / הוולציס said...

I am so going to miss this blog when you're gone! Please keep it up. I don't know to where else I'll turn for my morning fall out of my chair laughter. If Stewart were responsible for said trip and lodging (and it reminded me of something he would totally do, race and all), he wouldn't live it down for a while! Way to go, Sean.

Our Traveling Circus said...

Kim, I can only imagine! :) I'm glad I'm not alone.
Welches, aww, thanks! Although our move to South America is the only part of this blog that I made visible, I've been writing it since 2008 and will continue with our new chapter (hopefully with Caribbean and Central American travels). Must. Win. Lottery.