I realize that taking a child to Disney World for their 6th birthday is a pretty grand gesture and that it could really set a parent up for birthday party failure in the future, but, hey, he's an only child and we intend to build up that sterotype. Actually, good timing was to blame for the Disney celebration. Teague's birthday happened to fall on a 4 day weekend which coincided with a TDY that Sean had near Orlando later in the week. So there we were, singing zippity doo dah all the way to the happiest place on Earth. Ah, it's so good to be back in the US!
Our first day of magic just had to be at the Magic Kingdom. Judging by the crowds, it was the first stop for pretty much everyone. This included a college-wide baton twirling competition with hundreds of girls in leotards. But it was so much fun! Teague is now tall enough for almost all of the rides, so we wasted no time in going on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain. Riding next to Teague on his first real roller coaster, his pure joy and full belly laughter literally brought me to tears. All at once I was grateful to be with him, and so sad that he is growing up so fast. I can now add 'ugly crying on a roller coaster' to the list of things I never thought I'd do.
As we were leaving in the evening, we learned that the monorails and the ferry boats were out of commission, which made for some really long lines that went nowhere. Grumpiness ensued but all was forgiven with a quick stop at Dairy Queen and a nice warm bed. Great day!
Happy Birthday to my little love bug, my sweet sweet Teegy Bear.
Testing out the sitting-closer-makes-you-drive-faster theory.
Because taking photos with one camera is never enough.
I cannot believe he is 6! He is the most amazing little circus act.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
happy birthday teague!!! you are one lucky kid with amazing parents! :)
What cool parents you are! :) Happy Birthday to Teague. He really does look too grown up..
This will a birthday to remember!
Love all the photos!
What a great birthday for little T! :)
Post a Comment