The court hearing has taken place, and our girl has left our home, officially placed with her aunt for immediate adoption. In an instant, all of our excitement and all of our hopes and dreams were completely dashed. There isn't a thought that I have had in these past few days that doesn't involve her, and to be honest, I don't think I will ever get over Hazel.
She came into our lives with a hurricane force; when we got her, she had frequent inconsolable temper tantrums, she fell frequently and ran into things, and at almost 2, didn't say a single word. She didn't know how to play with toys or look at books. She was recently diagnosed with a sensory processing disorder, which explained so many of her behavioral and developmental issues. We were finally able to research and learn how to help her in a way that she understood. I have to believe that this was our purpose in her life. She will now receive the services she needs because we noticed red flags and pushed for answers with doctors, therapists and case workers.
The good news is that she is with blood relatives, and she is so loved and wanted by her aunt, her uncle and their expanding family. They are good people, and will keep her far removed from the turmoil and questionable activity that embodies her bio parents. She now has 3 new siblings, including a 3-year-old who is already her new partner in crime. Her forever home has room with a Tinkerbell toddler bed just for her, and a playground around the corner. She will be fine, and luckily, will have no memory of four different home placements before arriving at her forever home. We, on the other hand, need some time to heal. (And to voice complaints about the way this entire situation was handled.)
As I walked away from her for the last time, I couldn't bear to look back, until I heard her aunt laugh and say, "She's waving at you." I turned to look, and she was. She was waving her little hand right at me, just the way I had taught her.
13 comments:
Oh honey. I'm so happy she is with her biological family and has a forever home, but I am so sorry that you lost your little girl. You are a beautiful part of each others lives, and I can only imagine how painful this must be.
I sobbed out loud at your last line. You gave her SO much happy. ((Hugs))
Nikki W
Mandy, I am in tears for you guys. I know she would have been in great hands in your family and my heart breaks. it is good she is with her blood family, but damn.
Mandy, my heart breaks for you and your family. While I am happy Miss Hazel (love her name!) is with people who love her, I am sorry that her time with yours was so limited. She was a lucky girl. And it sounds like you guys were so incredibly blessed to have her in your lives, even if it was for a short time. Hugs and prayers.
I am crying for you, Mandy. I don't know what to say - I am just so sad for you.
:(
Mandy, your last line was heartbreaking and now I am in a puddle of tears. But since I have been following the progression of all you have been dealing with, I totally understand. Remember...those we love will remain in our hearts forever.
Wow, what a roller coaster your time with her has been. I'm so lucky I got to meet her, and see you all interact when she first came to you, and now just as she was leaving. She's like a different child, with so many wonderful new things she'd learned, and so much more. I whispered in her ear as I kissed her goodbye, "Go with God, little girl." I say the same prayer for you, Mandy, and for your 2 guys, and echo the last 9 words of Kimeileen's comments. xo
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Nothing about this process is easy and often times it's just plain heart breaking. I have no doubt there is a little one out there meant for your family.
Mandy,
Brandy and I are so sad to read the news - that was an amazing thing you and Sean did and I am truly sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted.
Wishing you all well and healing thoughts.
Sloppy
Your thoughtful comments, cards and emails have brought me to tears! I am so touched! Thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement!
I'm not going to pretend that I'm doing fine, there have been massive amounts of ugly crying in this house!
Oh Mandy. I'm so sorry. I know it cost you dearly in the end, but you did a wonderful thing for that beautiful little girl. Sending lots of love and happy thoughts your way.
Mandy, I am so sorry for you and Sean and Teague. What a horrible, hard thing to endure. I am praying for all of you. *hugs*
This is so heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time. You have had a profound influence for good in that little girl's life.
I'm so sorry you are going through this Mandy. You two are amazing parents and people and there is no question that her life has been made better by having you two as her parents even if only for a short time.
Post a Comment