rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Military Ball: My Very Own Prom Re-Do

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Military Ball: My Very Own Prom Re-Do

9th grade. Braces, awkwardness, that dress...and what's with the huge hair shadows?
Yep, this one definitely deserves a re-do.


I had a great time at my school formals, even the ones where I looked like I was part of some polygamy child bride cult. They were so much fun, in fact, that ever since we've been married, I've always secretly wished for a Prom Re-Do with Sean. 

This year, since Sean was a big part of the planning for the Air Force Ball, we finally got around to going to one. I instantly reverted back to high school Mandy, hoping that there would be twinkle lights, glitter star decorations, boy band tunes, and that Sean would pick me up in a vintage red Porsche, a la Jake Ryan. There was no Porsche, folks, but I did get to roll up in the Honda with a 6-year-old in tow. 

The event took place at the glamorous Biltmore hotel in Coral Gables. Random bit of useless trivia, the Biltmore once boasted the world's largest hotel swimming pool and is said to be haunted.
They really outdid themselves, and the evening was just fabulous. 
There was even on-site babysitting for Mr. Teague, who we snuck in at the end to snag an official Air Force Ball cupcake.

I'm not sure why I avoided the Air Force Ball for so many years. It was a great evening, even if we didn't make it to Stifler's mom's lake house afterward. Maybe next year.




We stayed the night and got to swim in the ridiculously large pool.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You guys look awesome! And you look okay in the recent photo too ;)

Nina said...

you look AMAZING :)

Trysta said...

You two look fantastic!! Now we want to hear the "This one time...at the Air Force Ball..." stories!

kimeileen said...

Don't know how I missed this one! Beautiful photo!!!!! I love your dress!