rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Flashback Friday

Friday, January 31, 2014

Flashback Friday

It was 9 years ago this week that Sean arrived home from his 3rd deployment and we headed to Egypt for a little R & R. I am glad we got to visit when we did, because with the instability there now, it wouldn't be possible. 

We visited Cairo and Luxor and then flew to Elounda to stay on the Red Sea. As I looked through these pictures this morning, I kept wondering where Teague was. It's as if there was never a time P.T. (pre-Teague). 

This was our first travel "off the grid", back before we knew we'd be living in Korea or Argentina. The flight we took from Germany actually contained a smoking section, which was pure agony. My shoes smelled like smoke the entire trip!
                                                      Temple of Karnak

The Valley of the Kings, where we visited King Tut's tomb.


                                           Khan Market in Cairo

                                                      The Red Sea

2 comments:

Jen said...

what a cool trip! I would love to go there :) Like you said, it's not going to be possible anytime soon.

I do that with places we have been - I was just wondering where Nolan was on a ski trip we took a few years ago. ha!

Jaimie said...

Ha, we did the same thing after Luke's first deployment five(ish) years ago. I got an incredible last minute deal from England and we jumped on a plane and went. So glad we went when we did too.