rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Coney Island

Monday, June 30, 2014

Coney Island

A visit to Brooklyn is not complete without a trip to Coney Island. The schools in the area hadn't let out for the summer yet so on this day we practically had the place to ourselves! I recently read that the original Zoltar fortune telling machine that appeared in the 1988 movie classic Big had been relocated to Coney Island. I was anxious to see if it was on site. I did find a Zoltar machine, but was disappointed to see that it wasn't the Zoltar which had granted Tom Hanks his wish. 
Coney Island feels like it was frozen in time. Though the rides, signs and buildings have probably all been refurbished several times, they have kept the classic retro look. They are not new and shiny, and that makes the place even more beautiful.

After we rode the Wonder Wheel, Teague and Sean rode The Steeplechase where, after the ride sped around the first corner, I saw Teague's eyes grow bigger than they have ever been! Along with some rides and a walk down the boardwalk, we lunched at Nathan's and walked out to the end of the pier to see the ocean. 


                               Sean getting harnessed in for The Sling Shot.

Hang on!

I don't think the other cars realized that Teague meant business with his bumper car!

                                                       Parkour Teague

                I wish we could have stayed until dark to see the illuminated rides.


2 comments:

Dodgie said...

Gee, Teague is getting so big!

kimeileen said...

You guys really hit all the highlights in Brooklyn!