Monday, August 18, 2014
Ages and Stages
Teague started 2nd grade this morning. He was grinning when I picked him up and was very excited that "the only homework is for mom". Yay me, paperwork! His new teacher seems nice and has already sent home a first day report and links to future homework sites. She also has introduced them to the two class parakeets, one blue and one yellow, that hopefully don't do weekends at home with the kids.
While he's been here in Florida, he has had partial day school up until this year. Now it's the big time; all day. Folks, it was a lonely walk back to my car!
Full days at school mean that I can go back to work without needing as much flexibility. On one hand, I'm very excited at the prospect of a new job because, hey, 7 jobs in 14 years is super. But on the other hand, in some small way, it means I'm officially less needed (at least during the day) in my mom duties. I feel a bit rudderless.
While I stood making his lunch for tomorrow, I automatically cut his sandwich in half. Teague was sitting on the stool across from me and said, in the sweetest way, "Mom, do you really have to keep cutting it in half? I think I can eat a whole sandwich now".
And so it begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
aww, mixed emotions I am sure! What a big boy, and look at that smile :)
What a sweet comment from Teague. I'm he will do great this year and may be the first to bring home the parakeets!
Post a Comment