rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Grand Cayman Finale

Friday, August 8, 2014

Grand Cayman Finale

Is coconut insurance available?


While in Grand Cayman, we were hoping to see the endangered blue iguanas; the Queen's Botanic Park offered the best possibility of a sighting. Despite our efforts to avoid killer coconuts and spot these creatures at the park, we left without a glimpse. Then, ironically, we saw this guy under the car in the parking lot. The "iguanas hide under jeeps" signs we saw on the way out would have been useful about 3 hours earlier.


The Cayman Turtle Farm was also on our list, because let's face it, who can pass up the chance to hold adorable baby turtles? Teague loved them! The rest of the park was sort of a letdown, though, when we learned that some of these turtles are bred for food. Not quite the cuddly animal conservation message we were hoping for. After walking through the pool and water slide "bonus" area of the park (which costs $27.00 more per person) I don't recommend that add on!



Our last few days, we lunched at a shipwreck site, stopped at Cayman's Blow Hole and snorkeled & swam until we could snorkel and swim no more. Our last sunset there was fabulous.

We don't generally go back to places we've been before because there's so much more in the world to see, but I'd definitely make an exception for Grand Cayman. I hope we will see more sunsets here again one day!









1 comment:

Kimeileen said...

I agree, I'd go back there again Your photos are amazing!