When we first arrived here, we met up with friends at a really nice indoor play area which happened to be in an "up and coming" area of Miami. I didn't really see the potential, it was warehouses and chop shops with questionable parking options, but the play place was well worth the visit, so we continued to go there regularly.
Now, almost 2 years later, there are hip coffee shops, art galleries and foodie restaurants galore. The area has been dubbed the "art district" and is way too cool for school. So marvelous, in fact, that Vogue recently mentioned it as one of the "15 coolest neighborhoods in the world". Translation: Hipster sightings will increase exponentially.
I have driven by the art walk called Wynwood Walls a hundred times, always telling myself that we had to go at some point so Saturday night, babysitter secured, Sean and I made our way there.
There is no cost to walk through and the area is definitely worth a look. There were so many galleries, beautiful street art to admire and some great people watching to boot. Several photographers were present taking what looked to be senior pictures and modeling shots. We actually spotted celebrities as well, Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade was there, but more importantly, his beautiful actress wife, Gabrielle Union, was too. I immediately wanted to quote from her movies, "10 Things I Hate About You" and "Bring It On" but decided she'd probably be pretty creeped out by a middle aged lady quoting lines from old teen movies, so I kept them to myself.
We're by no means foodies (though Sean may be a closeted foodie), but we did love our dinner at Wynwood Kitchen. The atmosphere was a lot like restaurants in Buenos Aires, actually, but with a much earlier dinner time! A couple night caps at Wynwood Brewery Company and an ironic photobombed selfie later we headed back to the beach.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Looks fun, and I love the photo :)
Post a Comment