rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Puppy Love

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Puppy Love

I had been looking into several dog rescue organizations in the area since before we arrived. Poor Memphis has never really warmed up to Teague, so I had an energetic pooch in mind, one who would love playing with Teague and who would become a running companion for myself and Sean. We met with one dog last month, she seemed like a good fit until we had a second meeting with Memphis, and she was a bit too aggressive with him. So we put the kibosh on that.  Luckily, she went to another family that didn't have other dogs.

While browsing a Denver rescue site, I came across this Sally Struthers "for just the price of a cup of coffee" photo below and couldn't stop looking at her eyes. She looked so forlorn. (I also laughed at the dog photo bomb behind her).
About a week later, I drove to the meet and greet event for her and the rest is history. She's a boxer/lab mix and is the sweetest and most loving little dog. The house training has not been fun, but she is catching on and has become quite smitten with Teague. We knew she was "Kona" right away, but Teague was stuck on "Lulu", so we've dubbed her "Konalulu". 
I learned that she came from a high-kill shelter in Hobbs, NM, and through donations, the rescue group brought her and several of her puppy friends up to Denver for adoption. We're so grateful to them and really happy to have her in our family. 

As you can see, she had no trouble making herself at home.

3 comments:

Karen @ And Then We Laughed said...

What a cutie! Congrats on your new family member. :)

Kimeileen said...

I thought she had a boxer in her! We have two on our block. One is a rescue and one from a breeder. They are high energy but with the sweet lab mix, she is going to be great for you guys! Mackenzie sends a paws up to Kona! (Lulu)

Dodgie said...

Such a cute dog! She has one CRAZY tail....Kona, Who's Your Daddy???