This girl.
Ah, Spring Break. Flowers blooming, warmish weather and, for us, a ridiculously long drive to Arizona. I'm not sure why I decided not to fly, I think the idea of bringing Memphis along (rather than acclimating him to a new kennel) and having my own car once I arrived in Phoenix seemed appealing. In any case, we headed down to my mom's place and after a less than stellar overnight in Albuquerque and at least a thousand potty breaks, we made it. There were some kitschy stops we planned to make along the way, however, most were no longer open so we had to settle for dinosaurs, craters and lots and lots of dust.
Upon arrival, Teague really just wanted to swim and scooter around. Fine by me. In visiting my mom's new active adult community (for those ages 55+), we learned quickly that young visitors are quite the novelty. I now know what it must feel like to be a zoo animal on display. We enjoyed chatting up everyone we encountered and walking/riding along the beautifully landscaped grounds.
Blue skies and parachutes all day long.
One of his landings.
The weather this particular week was lovely, still just cool enough to be enjoyable. When checking temps back in CO, we saw that it had snowed a tiny bit. Memphis was super glad to be out of the snow; he detests his winter jacket.
I decided to drive straight through on the way back instead of stopping for the night. It turned out to be much easier, believe it or not. On this world's longest drive we didn't dilly dally much, but did encounter some beautiful scenery along the way.
The sun was setting as we arrived back in Colorado.






No comments:
Post a Comment