It has been almost a year since I took a blog hiatus. There are several reasons why, but mainly because, as often happens throughout our lives, our family has entered a new phase. For so many years we lived in foreign countries. Even after our return from Argentina, we were assigned to "Northern" South America; Miami. This all came to a screeching halt when we moved to Colorado. I will pause right now for the eye rolling, because, I know–really ridiculous problem to have. But arriving here was more of a transition than I had imagined. It felt a little like exiting a carnival ride into a library. A really lovely library with a beautiful view. Don't get me wrong, Colorado is stunning and we love it. (Except the snow shoveling). It has been a definite change of pace, though.
![]() |
| The hat tip that led to many a 90s baby boy named Tristan. |
This is the stage in our lives that a school-age kiddo and work commitments keep our spontaneous travels off the table. I like to call it our “Isabel 2 Years”. If you’ve ever seen the movie Legends of the Fall, (shame on you if you haven’t) Brad Pitt’s character returns from his adventures around the globe and settles down on the homestead with his wife (Isabel 2) and children. Then he has a mid-life crisis and buys a motorcycle. The Isabel 2 years take place in a cozy little home. Their lives are calm, stable and family-centric. That's basically us too, hopefully without the bear attack and the prohibition shootout. We are loving our new neighborhood and local school. We are staying around more and going away less. Our focus is local, rather than global.
I wonder, is this what putting down roots feels like?

No comments:
Post a Comment