rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Mi casa es tu casa

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mi casa es tu casa

Now that we've waded through the endless red tape associated with living in Argentina and being attached to the Embassy, we are all moved in and finally feeling settled.

We really like our neighborhood, it has a nice mix of shops and restaurants, and it's near the zoo and all of the big parks, which they call the "bosques" (forests) of the city. I still chuckle when Teague and I walk around the corner to his jardin every day; I used to drive over 30 minutes each way to take him to preschool in Tucson!

There are still some aspects of the big city life that we're getting used to, but we've figured out the bus and subway systems, learned the intricacies of Argentine bill paying (online would be so much easier, people!), and Teague can hail a taxi like a pro! I'll call it a complete success when I'm able to fully understand an Argentine radio talk show and I'm able to have an unscripted phone conversation without saying "No entiendo."

Baby steps.

The kitchen. It's actually common for Argentines to have a large toaster oven and a burner, but no oven. I was elated to see a real oven.


He's going through a kung fu phase. The photo at the top of the blog was taken from his bedroom window.


Master bedroom.

Our laundry room sans drying machine. The "dryer" is the white metal rack that can be lowered from the ceiling. Note the thorough paint job--previous tenant had a dustpan hanging on the wall and the painter obviously didn't think the dustpan would ever be removed.

My favorite-the balcony.

The keys are large and heavy. It's impossible to carry around several on a keychain without sounding like a jail warden. The locks are horizontal rather than vertical.


Plugs are different, too.

4 comments:

Nina said...

I just had to let you know that I got REALLY excited when I saw that T has the same covers for his bed as C! :)

The Bercks said...

We have the same "dryer." Fortunately for us, we brought our washer and dryer. Fitting them in the apartment was a little rough, but so worth it!

kim eileen said...

Nice digs! It looks so spacious along with the great views! Teague looks so happy to have his room with all his things. Wonderful that you just walk to school!

TAVA... said...

Great place....love what you've done with it... awesome key, I can't imagine how heavy a key ring full of those would be. Well girl, you certainly aren't in Kansas anymore...