2010 has been absolutely brilliant for this traveling circus, and we couldn't be more thankful or blessed. What a year--Teague perfected his negotiating skills, went to his first Monster Truck show, we celebrated our 10th Anniversary, met our adorable nephew Toby, had a family trip to Graceland, said a lot of goodbyes (shed some tears), moved far away (a few more tears), and traveled to some amazing destinations.
Here's hoping your 2011 is a blur of laughter, smiles and adventure!
Without further ado, our picks for 'Best Of' 2010
Favorite Photo:
Mandy's Favorite
Sean's Fini Flight, Tucson AZ
Sean's Favorite
Airborne Teague, Tucson, AZ
Best Purchase of 2010:
Mandy's favorite: iPad
Sean's favorite: his "Amazing Race" pants
Teague's favorite: bike
Most Listened to Song This Year:
Mandy: Hello by Sugarbomb
Sean: In My Head by Jason DeRulo
Teague: Life is A Highway by Rascall Flatts
Most Often Used Phrase:
Mandy: No entiendo. (I don't understand.)
Sean:¡En serio?! (Really?)
Teague: Me llamo Teague! (My name is Teague!)
Most Embarrassing Moment 2010:
Mandy: The one where someone thought I was panhandling.
When we first arrived in BA, Teague was throwing tantrums each time we walked outside the hotel, because he didn't want to walk. On this particular occasion, he didn't want to walk AND his hands were cold (winter here) so he was crying and saying, "My hands are sooo cold" while I crouched down on the ground and dug through my bag to find his gloves. A smartly dressed businessman walked past us, then turned around and walked over and handed me some change. I obviously said, "No gracias", and handed it back. He was insistent, and wouldn't take it back, so I finally took it. The equivalent of 2 pennies, by the way. Panhandling doesn't pay, people.
Sean: Asking "Is this bathroom for horses?" (He insists it's a Freudian slip.) Men's bathrooms here are labeled "Caballeros", (gentlemen) which is very similar to the word horse, "caballo". When we first arrived and he attempted to ask a waitress where the men's room was located and instead asked about horses.
Our Buenos Aires Favorite Eats:
Mandy: jamon y queso empanadas from Guimpi's
Sean: helado (ice cream) from Jauja
Teague: Durazno licuado (peach smoothie) from Nucha
Jauja has the tastiest ice cream!
4 comments:
This is hysterical! Hey, am I the only fan who comments on your brilliant blog? Does this mean I don't have a life?
yes, that was me of course.
Thank you for all of your comments, Kim, I love them! It's really nice to get feedback!
I laughed out loud at this post Mandy. You crack me up!
Erin
ps- It snowed in Vail today! AZ that is.
Post a Comment