rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Ilha Grande

Monday, April 16, 2012

Ilha Grande


Hello from my new blog. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I am in Google's customer service hell and see no end in sight. This blog will host my new posts until the server error is corrected. Or not. I'm guessing not.

To catch everyone up, my last few posts were about our trip to Brazil. This is our next stop. Ilhagrande is an island paradise that we couldn't wait to visit. Aside from the fact that it's completely gorgeous, I had read about the Twilight movie filming on the island for the honeymoon sequence, and was hoping we'd spot a few leftover vampires. No such luck. Nothing pale and pasty, except us.

This stop had all of the requisite adrenaline rush activities: zip lining, natural rock water slides, speed boat tows, and a 36 year old beach bum with a kindle and a camera. 

The tiny town was just adorable, with little cafes and boutiques. Before heading back that evening, we stopped for ice cream. Most interesting flavor? Ovaltine.  
                               


He wanted to slide all day.

                                   

 King of the Zip Line.

And he's out. 

                                                           

No comments: