For the first time in a long time, we are home for the holidays. Because our family is a little spread out, we are lucky enough to be able to celebrate Christmas in four different locations. This is very enticing to a 5 year-old, because it means four Christmas trees and four sets of accompanying gifts. Plus a visit from Santa. Talk about sensory overload! Even though we told Santa and his elves that our vehicle was rather compact, I think it will be filled to the top in the next couple of days.
We started out with an early Christmas in Phoenix and then drove from Arizona to Colorado Springs to see more family. Road trips in the US are glorious! Every single gas station actually has gas, and hotels and food options are plentiful. We are still in awe of the continental breakfast, with fruit, bagels and real orange juice. It's quite the change from the sugary pastries, cookies and Tang that make up the Argentine breakfast offering.
Oh Sonic, we have missed your crushed ice and ridiculously large drinks.
Driving into Colorado.
The military lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to being near family. In fact, Sean and I hadn't celebrated Christmas in Colorado since 2000, back when turtlenecks were an acceptable fashion trend and I thought Sean's Elvis obsession was cute. So schlepping our belongings to three different states to catch up with our people seems like a small price to pay. Teague has been around more family in the past week than in the entire time we lived in Argentina.
Now if we could just teleport ourselves to Miami!
1 comment:
nothing like high altitude snow, eh? The stark white powder next to the bright blue sky is so beautiful.
I hope you guys had a great trip. I am sure your families were so happy to see you all.
Post a Comment