rel='icon'/> Three Little Baers: Seven Christmases

Friday, January 4, 2013

Seven Christmases

                                      In Denver with Grumps and Granny Tanne.

Well, we survived! Sean was pulled over twice (verbal warnings both times), Teague enjoyed his first of many bbq sandwiches and I am still the undefeated champion of the radio game. In all, we made seven stops to visit family and were on the road for 3200 miles from the 20th of December until late last night. We had very little trouble with the drive, other than it took forever, and actually enjoyed our little road trip. 

Spending time with our families again was, of course, the highlight. They were all so gracious and did such thoughtful things to make our time with them special. Like sending us off loaded down with gifts and snacks. Times seven. Our jeep literally could not fit one more thing!
                     We kicked off the trip with an early Christmas in AZ with Dodgie.


I know I've mentioned how nice it is to be back in the US, but it still seems weird.  When Teague had a very bad stomach flu, our trip to the ER left us momentarily speechless. Top-notch medical care is something we definitely took for granted before our time in Argentina and now appreciate so much more. Man, I love America!


                      Colorado Springs with Nana and Granddad. Yes, it's always this formal.


                  Stopping in Texas to see his "best buddies", cousins Ryan and Caitlin.


                   Christmas dance off with his cousin Toby at Aunt Ann's house.


                         Last but not least, our stop at Aunt Kim and Uncle Gary's.

We receive keys to our house today, and can "move in" to our empty digs. Our air shipment, which was lost for a week has been located, and should be delivered next week, so we'll have pots and pans, silverware, sheets and our computer. No word on when our household goods will arrive, but I'm not holding my breath...our car hasn't even left Argentina. But who cares, we're in flippin' Miami with sunshine and palm trees, and it's glorious!

2 comments:

Gary Hodne said...

I have been catching up on your past blog posts since I've fallen behind on reading them. I always find them entertaining, funny, insightful, clever and heartfelt. Thank you for visiting us over the Holidays, it was great to see you all!! I promise we are planning to come and visit you in Seaside this year.

kimeileen said...

Hi Mandy! I feel honored to have made it on to your blog! I wish our visit had been longer so I could have taken you shopping- but I'm sure Sean is very relieved about that!
Being around Teague really lifted my spirits. He is such a sweet, smart and thoughtful little boy!Tell him good luck for his first day at his new school.