What started as a plan to visit Boston and Cape Cod turned into a much bigger trip, with stops along the way to visit some beloved relatives we hadn't seen since before our time in Argentina. I'm not going to lie, I also had NYC on the brain and planned to visit every single cheesy tourist attraction. We were eager to take Teague to his first Broadway show, and I secretly hoped to find the purse man in China Town and spot a celebrity or two.
When we arrived in Boston, we noticed American flags everywhere. Since Miami is basically Northern South America, we don't experience a lot of patriotism. It was wicked nice to be visiting "real" America!
Sean's Uncle Skip met us in Boston Common for lunch and took us on a walking tour of his impressive neighborhood. He also gifted Teague a very cool hat and baseball. Lunch in Boston is a treat in itself, but being able to share it with Skip made it that much more special!
Make way for the dudes.
When in Boston, wear a Red Sox cap...and throw down some gang signs.
Despite encountering several unexpected traffic delays, we did finally make it to Cape Cod! Spending time with Sean's Granny was such a treasured experience. She is sharp as a tack, looks much younger than her 90-something years, and is the reigning champ of Go Fish. Teague had a great time with her, and she humored him with his Skylander's obsession. I think he even got Great Granny to watch a little bit of the Wild Kratts!
While in Cape Cod, we also went mini-golfing, browsed the antique shops and took a trip to the ice cream parlor. Lazy travel days like this are very much an odd experience after our nonstop itineraries down in South America, but they are much welcomed. We felt so American...and so yuppie.
Teague left his penguin on an overnight with Great Granny.
Our next stop:



5 comments:
Home!!! I love it, thank you :) and thank you for saying "mini golf" and not "putt-putt".
Love the photos and travel story!
That is an area of the country I really want to explore, more so after reading this post!!
I understand why you say "real" America but for many America is an entire continent and when you say America as in the United States, it's more than just New England.
Anonymous, you must be from Argentina! They are the only South Americans who insist on this!
Post a Comment